ANGIO-SEAL® VIP Vascular Closure Device
Technology for Confident Closure
Quickly and securely seal femoral artery punctures with the ANGIO-SEAL VIP vascular closure device. The V-Twist Integrated Platform (VIP) is a unique technology providing a larger collagen footprint for better arteriotomy coverage and enhanced conformability around the artery. In both diagnostic and interventional cases, the ANGIO-SEAL VIP vascular closure device has been clinically proven to achieve earlier ambulation in patients.2
The device creates a mechanical seal by sandwiching the arteriotomy between a bioabsorbable anchor and collagen sponge, resorbs within 90 days.3
Three bioabsorbable components actively seal the arteriotomy:
- Anchor: Bioabsorbable co-polymer anchor placed against the inside of the vessel wall
- Collagen: Placed on top of the arteriotomy in the tissue tract
- Suture: Cinches the anchor and collagen together to form a secure seal
LOCATE THE ARTERY1
SET THE ANCHOR1
SEAL THE PUNCTURE1
|PRODUCT CODE||FRENCH SIZE||GUIDEWIRE DIAMETER (IN)|
- Angio-Seal™ VIP Instructions for Use.
- Martin JL, Pratsos A, Magargee E, Mayhew K, Pensyl C, Nunn M, Day F, Shapiro T. A randomized trial comparing compression, Perclose Proglide and Angio-Seal VIP for arterial closure following percutaneous coronary intervention: the CAP trial. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2008 Jan 1;71(1):1-5.
- Tellez A, Cheng Y, Yi GH, Conditt GB, McGregor JC, Flynn AM, Ordanes D, Mintz GS, Kaluza GL, Granada JF. In vivo intravascular ultrasound analysis of the absorption rate of the Angio-Seal vascular closure device in the porcine femoral artery. EuroIntervention. 2010 Jan;5(6):731-6.
The Angio-Seal Vascular Closure Device product family, including the VIP and Evolution platforms, is indicated for use in closing and reducing time to hemostasis of the femoral arterial puncture site in patients who have undergone diagnostic angiography procedures or interventional procedures using an 8 French or smaller procedural sheath for the 8 F Angio-Seal device and a 6 French or smaller procedural sheath for the 6 F Angio-Seal device. The Angio-Seal, VIP and Evolution platform devices are also indicated for use to allow patients who have undergone diagnostic angiography to safely ambulate as soon as possible after sheath removal and device placement, as well as to allow patients who have undergone an interventional procedure to safely ambulate after sheath removal and device placement.
Important Safety Information:
Possible adverse events for vascular closure devices include, but are not limited to: bleeding or hematoma, AV fistula or pseudoaneurysm, infection, allergic reaction, foreign body reaction, inflammation or edema. This device should only be used by a licensed physician (or other health care professional authorized by or under the direction of such physician) possessing adequate instruction in the use of the device, e.g., participation in an Angio-Seal physician instruction program or equivalent.
RX ONLY. The advertisement is directed to physicians only, and not to consumers. Refer to product labels and packaging insert for complete warnings, precautions, potential complications, and instructions for use. Products may not have regulatory approval in all countries. Please contact your local sales representative if you have questions about the availability of products in your area.