This Policy applies to residents of Canada. If you are a resident of another country, please click here http://www.terumo.com/network/index.html for applicable information.
Terumo complies with all of the requirements of Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), as well as substantially similar provincial laws from Alberta, British Columbia and Quebec.
By providing Personal Information to us or by using our Website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy.
When used in this Policy, “Personal Information” means “any information about an identifiable individual”. This may include, for example, your name, address, telephone number or email address, although in certain cases business contact information or information from a public directory listing of your name, address, or telephone number is not Personal Information. It may also include other types of more technical information such as Website visitors’ IP addresses or browsing history on our Website, but only when this information can identify you as an individual. Additionally, aggregated and/or anonymous information that cannot be associated with an identifiable individual, including demographic information and statistics, is not considered Personal Information.
No Information Collected From Children
This Website is intended and designed to be utilized by adults and is not directed toward children under the age of 13. Terumo does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose any information via this Website from visitors under the age of 13. To use our Website, we must obtain the consent of your parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of majority and such consent is a requirement in the jurisdiction of your residence. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child where parental confirmation was required, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child where we should have obtained parental consent, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below and we will work with you to get this information deleted from our records.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Terumo collects most information directly from you, when you voluntarily provide such information when using the Website, for instance if you create an account. We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law:
- to create, establish and administer your account and to respond to your requests or inquiries;
- to improve our level of service and the content of our Website;
- to provide you with tips, helpful information, news and updates on your products;
- subject to your Right to Withdraw Consent provided in this Policy, to notify you of new Terumo products and services and seek your views on our products and services;
- for internal training and quality assurance purposes;
- to protect customers and Terumo from error and fraud;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of customers with a view to improving its products and services and developing new ones; and
- for our own internal purposes.
If you have applied for employment with Terumo, the Personal Information submitted with your job application will be used for recruitment and other customary human resources purposes. For example, we may send you information about new job opportunities within Terumo as well as other career development resources.
Technical Information Collected Automatically through the Website
When you visit our Website, we may collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about your visit to our Website, including the IP address of your computer and which browser you used to view our Website, your operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site you came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information you entered, advertisements you have seen, etc. We treat this information as Personal Information when we are able to associate it with an identifiable individual.
We collect this technical information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our Website, the number of visitors to each page of our Website, and the domain names of our visitors’ internet service providers. We use this information, which remains in the aggregate form, to understand how our visitors use our Website so that we may improve it and the services we offer. We may also share this information with subsidiaries and affiliates of Terumo and with other third parties.
More specifically, we may collect users’ IP addresses and place cookies on their device:
- Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information sent to your browser from a web site that are stored in text files on your device (e.g., your PC, laptop or mobile). Cookies help provide additional functionality to the Website or help us analyze usage of the Website more accurately. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to the Website. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web Browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored, if you prefer. Please refer to your Interned Browser’s instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this Website or any other websites that you visit.
Cross-Border Transfers of Data
Your Personal Information may in some cases be transferred, stored, and/or processed to jurisdictions outside Canada, including the United States, in connection with the purposes described in this Policy. This may include transfers to Terumo’s parent company Terumo Medical Corporation. As a result, you understand that your Personal Information will be subject to the laws of other jurisdictions and may be available without notice to you to foreign government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable in such jurisdictions. Regardless of the company or person who processes your information and where it is processed, we will take steps to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and this Policy.
Right to Withdraw Consent and Email Communications
Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice; however, without such consent, Terumo may limit the services or products it is able to provide. If this is the case, you may advise us by contacting customer service or contacting us using the information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below.
In compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), you can always limit the commercial electronic communications that Terumo sends to you. If you wish to stop receiving any e-mails or other commercial electronic messages from Terumo, please notify us at the address listed below or simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” at the bottom of any commercial electronic communication we send you. Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional communications, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account.
How we Share your Personal Information
Terumo will not rent or sell Personal Information to any third party for any purpose. However, we may share your Personal Information within our group of companies (such as our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates) for the purposes described in this Policy, when authorized by law or as follows:
- Service providers. We may hire service providers, which may be affiliates, to perform services on our behalf. This may include, without limitation, a person or an organization retained by Terumo to perform work on its behalf. We provide them with a limited amount of information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide. These service providers are not permitted to disclose this information to others. Terumo will strive to protect Personal Information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements.
- As permitted or required by law. From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation. We may also disclose your Personal Information when we have reason to believe it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or who is otherwise injuring or interfering with Terumo’s rights, property or operations, other users of this Website or anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
- Business transaction. We may disclose Personal Information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your Personal Information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your Personal Information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
Accuracy and Correction to Information
Terumo wants to ensure that the information it utilizes is accurate and current and respects your right to access and correct your Personal Information. To review and update your information, please contact us at Privacy@terumomedical.com.
Personal Information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received, unless otherwise authorized or required by law. Personal Information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous. Terumo will ensure destruction of Personal Information in a method that prevents improper access.
Terumo takes security seriously and uses reasonable and appropriate data protection measures to reduce the risk of misuse, alteration, copying, theft, accidental destruction, or loss, and unauthorized disclosure or access to our systems and data. We follow industry standards and best practices to protect your Personal Information during transmission and after it is received. However, no methodology is 100% secure and absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
Links to Other Websites
This Website may provide links to other Terumo and third party websites as a service to our users. This Policy does not apply to those other websites. Please check the legal and privacy statement posted on each website that you link to.
Terumo may occasionally update this Policy, without notice to you. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the Personal Information we collect. Your continued use of this Website constitutes your agreement to this Policy, as it may be amended from time-to-time by Terumo. If the changes we make are material, we may also post a notice regarding the changes on our Website. Subsequent changes in this Policy will not apply to information that was collected before such change was made. This Policy was last updated on 21 November 2018.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this Policy, please Contact Us at:
Terumo Medical Corporation
ATTN: General Counsel and Compliance Office - Legal & Compliance Department
265 Davidson Ave.
Somerset, NJ 08873
+1 800 283 7866